Last Updated:3/23/2006 11:39:46 AM
Welcome to StayresHongkong.com indonesia hotel,bali indonesia hotel,hotel in jakarta indonesia,bandung indonesia hote
 
 
 
 
   
  Add to Favorites  
  Home About Us About Hong Kong
Tourist Destinations
Travel Guide
StayresHotels Network

Hong Kong Hotels
  Hong Kong Island
    Castle Peak Bay Hotels
    Causeway Bay Hotels
    Central District Hotels
    Happy Valley Hotels
    North Point Hotels
    Sheung Wan Hotels
    Wan Chai Hotels
  Kowloon Hotels
    City Centre Hotels
    Ho Man Tin Hotels
    Hung Hom Hotels
    Mongkok Hotels
    Shatin Hotels
    Tsim Sha Tsui Hotels
    Tsim Sha East Hotels
    Tsuen Wan Hotels
    Yau Ma Te Hotels
  Lantau Island
    Lantau Airport Hotels
  Macau Hotels
    Central Hotels
    Taipa Hotels
 
 

Macau

  ¥ Macau Introduction
 

Macau, a special administrative region of China is 55-minute ferry ride from Hong Kong. Getting to Macau is very convenient as there are regular ferries from Hong Kong & one can also take the 15-minute helicopter ride. Now a Special Administrative Region Macau reverted to Chinese sovereignty after 400 years of Portuguese administration on December 20, 1999. Historical Macau is renowned for its churches & Chinese temples, casinos, old forts, cobbled lanes, charming Mediterranean atmosphere, & delicious cuisine.

  ¥ Macau Fact File
  Location : Macau is located in the Guangdong province, on the western bank of the Pearl River Delta, at latitude 22 degrees 14' North, longitude 113 degrees 35' East and connected to the Gongbei District by the Border Gate (Portas do Cerco) isthmus.
  Time : Macau is eight hours ahead of GMT.
  People :

About 95% of the population is ethnic Chinese, from different provinces, namely Guangdong and Fujian . The remaining 5% includes Portuguese, Europeans and other regions.

  Language :

Chinese and Portuguese are the official languages, Cantonese being most widely spoken.

  Currency :

The Pataca (MOP$) is divided into 100 avos and it is Macau 's official currency.

  Climate :

Macau is in the monsoon region and from the climate classification is considered mild and rainy in summer. The most comfortable period begins from the middle of October to December.

  Health :

Macau is one of the most developed countries in Asia in terms of public health provision. Here, the average life expectancy is 75.5 years for men and 79.9 years for women.

  Safety & Security :

Macau is a very safe place. There are police stations and reporting centers throughout the territory and for emergency dial 999. There are also two new 24 hour emergency hotline numbers 110 and 112 meant to facilitate emergency calls by tourists from the mainland and abroad.

  Postal Service :

Macau provides a very efficient and reliable post office service with the head office in the Senado Square . It's open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Monday to Friday), and on Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm (Tel: 853-323666).

Top
 
Privacy Policy || Site Map || Disclaimer || FAQ || OtherDestinations || Travel Resources || Links Exchange || Contact Us || About Us
City Centre Hotels » Hong Kong Hotels » Hotel Kowloon » Hotels in Hong Kong » Macau Hotel » Wan Chai Hotels
Cheap Hotels Hong Kong » Budget Hotels in Hong long » Discount Hotels Hong Kong » Star Hotels Hong Kong
Copyright © 2005 StayResHongkong.com . All rights reserved.